Thread: A Map of Knock-A-Notch Gap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I absolutely love it! It has a really individual style and feel to it. All of it for me comes down to the name 'Knockanotch' - it suggests cartoony and fun so the map fits in wonderfully with the subject.

Welcome back, Helium - and don't leave it for so long next time!

I have to say. I love the sheer simplicity of the map. SOmetimes, the 'realistic' maps becomes just a little too much, and when something plain and simple (and that is not a complaint but a compliment), comes along, it brings a smile to my face.

A truly fine map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I have to say. I love the sheer simplicity of the map. SOmetimes, the 'realistic' maps becomes just a little too much, and when something plain and simple (and that is not a complaint but a compliment), comes along, it brings a smile to my face.

A truly fine map.
    I agree. I've found that the more over-detailed a map is, the harder it is to use. I like to reserve the detailed stuff either for wide area "world sized" maps or for maps where I'm deliberately trying to draw attention away from something I don't want the viewer to see right away.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I absolutely love it! It has a really individual style and feel to it. All of it for me comes down to the name 'Knockanotch' - it suggests cartoony and fun so the map fits in wonderfully with the subject.

Welcome back, Helium - and don't leave it for so long next time!
    Heh. I try hard in my current game to use "functional" names for most places and reserve the "fantasy" names for places that are named after specific people. Thus, Knockanotch Gap is named after a large fault that from a distance appears to have nearly split a mountain in two. As if an enormous axe swung down from the heavens and "knocked a notch" in it.