Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
First off, it's GREAT to see you here again, Helium. I was beginning to think you were one of those Guildies who shows up, creates an awesome map that awes everyone, wins an award from the site, then goes away never to be heard from again! Glad that's not the case.
Yeah. Sorry about that. I've been running a game again and most of my free time goes into the encounter and adventure designs. Maps are somewhat secondary at the moment.

That being said, I'll have a pretty kick-butt (IMHO) dungeon map to post in the near future. Illustrator let's me do some pretty cool stuff, one of which is to nearly eliminate my use of paper during the game. I can use my laptop for just about everything.

This map, in all honesty and no slam intended, seems to me perfect for a youth role playing game. It is very cartoony and fun. (And I mean that as a compliment.) This is exactly the kind of map I'd make for fun and grin to myself the entire time with a relaxed grin!
*nod* I slammed this one out really quickly (approximately 8 hours) and mostly it was about attempting to generate a "realistic" profile view of the monastery by combining an overhead view map with contour lines.

The result was acceptable, but I doubt I'd go through the effort again. In the future, I'll just draw the profile view by hand and then produce the site map afterwards.

Nice one![/QUOTE]