Thread: Jump Points Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't take his response as overly negative. It's never good to read too much into comments on the Internetz.

I've never likes, GURPS it was always too complicated and when you have to have 8 different skills just for basic movement, you know the system has some major clunk issues.
    GURPS can be a complicated system if you take all of the add-ons and options, but you shouldn't just assume your perceptions are correct without giving it a close look - and I know a lot of gamers that make generalizations about it without really being able to offer any specific issues and don't really know how it works beyond the surface. I realize your comment was intended as an exaggeration (I hope) but I know of no real 'clunk' issues in GURPS 4E...it certainly doesn't have as many patched-on and chopped-together incompatible rules as some rules systems I can think of (including D&D 3.5). Just saying.
    M

I use to play GURPs quit often, had a long running Traveller: Interstellar Wars game a year back. It was rather clunky.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.