Thread: September/October Lite Challenge entry -< Sitting Duck Inn> -

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    how long did it take you to make this by the way - I can't even contemplate how long it would take me *lol* ... and did you use any references?
    I can't tell precisely how many hours I've spent on the project. The idea came at the beginning of September and I didn't work on it everyday. More, I've tried different techniques, different ideas all along the process. In total, possibly 50 hours but If I wanted to do it again, it would probably take about 20-30 hours I guess. 3 days of work full time.
    We can actually see that some lines are "better" in term of style and shape than others, making it obvious that I'm not completely familiar with this technique yet.
    I tend not to use the "shape dynamic" option with my graphic tablet and then my drawings look too technical/ clean.

Half-timbered houses are quite common in France (needless to say that I'm a french, it helps a bit) so I didn't look for references or inspiration. Just tried to give them a drop of similarity of old norman-french houses from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Fantastic, one to be proud of!
    Thanks for that. Still, there should be many things to be changed, but ... well ... I'm not complaining
    Last edited by Dain; 10-11-2011 at 07:25 AM.