Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frontier Lands Commission

Quote Originally Posted by Andugus View Post
    I am Andugus of White Haired Man. I have some abilities, but I am a senior in a Graphic Design program with a full time job and family. That said, Devin has really been appreciated by our fans and does some amazing work that seems to evoke "exactly" what we have in mind. It's as if he can read my mind. Did I mention it looks great? The feedback has been awesome from others here and is appreciated.
    Cool... I for one would love to eventually see you come up something to post here... as I said, that initial sketch was pretty darn good!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I tend to execute tactical or location maps more than overland. I had submitted the previous setting map I illustrated back in 2007. I found out the links had expired, so I refreshed it.

Kith'takharos Region Map

Guild Adept

DK is certainly an artist worth following, know I own some of his work! I'll be curious to see the finished work here.

Here is this weeks progress. There are times when I really doubt my process and I think I do more work than what is really needed just because I try to work too quickly.
    I think if I were to do this map again I would mock up the perspective in a 3D app. Nothing with any detail, just the general shapes.
    I plan on painting over most of the trees, blending and shading to make them look a bit more painterly. And I'm drawing back in a lot of the line work I was trying to eliminate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHMmapFrontierWIP6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	39365  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love the sense of scale and the feel you get about time-to-travel to a place. I look and I can see how long it will take me to walk there and it pulls you into the setting.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks Ascension, I think the scale is off, it's supposed to be an even greater distance than it appears. Andugus or myself may come back and create a directly overhead version for a better scale.

Here is the final map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHMmapFrontierFinal2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	39429  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12