Thread: Fractal Terrains 3 Upgrade just dropped...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm just playing now - if it improves (actually fixes) exports and a few others stuff, I'll survive. At $9.99, I can live with it, though I was hoping for more improved algorithms etc. We'll see once I test it out. Regardless, it's got me interested again

Edit: I'm curious about the multicore and memory use. For the procedural stuff I've done so far, I can see it's using multiple cores, but it's not using any of them fully, rarely going above 30%. The rivers, for example (at 8090 setting) are taking quite a while to process - is this just the nature of it asking each core to do one thing and another core the next (and why they're all not at 100% as it goes 3x faster than currently)? And for memory - will this version use more than 4GB ram or is it still stuck with that limitation?

As a plus - no crashing yet!
    Last edited by guyanonymous; 10-11-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

I had the FTPro instaled but I deleted yesterday. I have the FT3 upgrate for free (my copy of FTPro has a litle more than 1 month). Do I simple download the single arquive form my account or I do have to reinstall all things from FTPro and then install the "upgrade"? And I dont see manuals or Terraformers links for the FT3...