Im seeing the 45 deg views too but then I see them in classic mode as well. From the screenie of it running WebGL tho I can see that the posted pic seems to have a view direction which is not limited to the cardinal points. At least in classic mode you can view from any of the 4 compass directions but not in between. I was guessing that the views are 3D models with textures and that in classic mode they are pre-rendered and streamed out like the map but maybe in WebGL they are sent as vector models and textures for it, more like google earth. Dunno.

In my classic mode I still have a zoom slider with no notches on it so that I can zoom to any amount and it will scale up to a varying amount. It used to be fixed zoom to a set of about 15 levels. Now with WebGL they are saying it has better transitions but mine is very much clunky (same as classic) so I think I am not getting the full experience even tho I get the tick box saying I am in WebGL mode. Dunno, anyway as Firefox gets more WebGL aware then I am sure it will get these features.