This is nice, but it needs to have an extra texture. I set up an extra layer and this time I'll use a hard round brush with lots of scatter (1000%), colour jitter to swap light and dark and a low opacity (around 20-30%). Stroke the path again (make sure the path is selected then hit enter with the brush tool selected) with a few different sizes of this brush. You should have something like this:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 10.17.31 PM.png 
Views:	3944 
Size:	500.6 KB 
ID:	39204

Now set this layer to overlay and set the opacity of the overlay layer blend in nicely:

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 11.05.21 PM.png 
Views:	862 
Size:	486.3 KB 
ID:	39205

That's the wall highlights sorted.

The wall shadows are just the same trick. In this case set up a new group, and mask this with the inverse of the previous mask. You can do this by selecting the previous mask, right click->Add Mask To Selection, and then use Ctrl/Cmd-shift-I to invert the selection. Click group icon and then click the Add Layer Mask button (to the right of the fx button at the bottom of the Layers dialog).

Now add a layer to the group. This layer will be our base shadow layer. Selec the second path - from the Paths dialog - and then go to your new layer. Choose a nice dark colour, and a large, low opacity grungy brush (again around 5-10% opacity) and hit enter to stroke the path. Reduce the brush size and repeat. This will give a nice grungy shadow:

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 11.14.48 PM.png 
Views:	1068 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	39206

In this image I have this layer set to multiply at 100%. It's a little overbearing, so I reduce the opacity to 10-20% and create a new layer, this time set to overlay. Repeat the process of stroking the path and you should get something like this:

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 11.16.52 PM.png 
Views:	823 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	39207

This way you can set up highlights and shadows for a map of any size, as long as you get your initial selection right. Stroking paths in this way has lots of other uses beyond this kind of wall highlighting. Once you've got used to it here, you'll find many other uses for it elsewhere in your workflow.