Quote Originally Posted by Aldrick View Post
I was in agreement with you when I first created it. When you view the continent zoomed out, the continent looked... odd. There was just an off feeling to it, and I suspected that it was the coastline or just that the continent was an irregular / odd shape. However, when you view the continent at its full scale (2655 x 1675) it looks more like a regional map. When viewed at its proper scale it doesn't seem as bad. However, I worry that if I were to smooth it out, it might look better when zoomed out, but when viewed at full scale the coastline would be too "smooth." So, the critical question I have is: Did you view the continent at full scale or did you just judge things by the thumbnail?
Yes, what I said still applies at smaller scales, however, lower fractal dimension doesn't mean you have to completely smooth it out. The map I'm working on right now for instance has sections of highly fractal coastline near mountains, and much less fractal, but not smooth, coastline elsewhere: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...n-named-island