Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helgestadt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helgeward.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	730.6 KB 
ID:	39576

I present to you Helgeward.

So, basically, this is a total new version. As you can see, I used a different texture of parchment, and the result, as far as I can see, is much better. I enlarged a little more the glacial wastes; I make the rivers thinner and added a lot of hills and forests. The font I'm gonna use is one of the three listed up on the map.

What I need to do (after making the cities and some little changes) is the border... I should see some good tutorial for that.

@JbGibson: thanks for all the help

I like the new version in most regards, but I did really like the mountains on the last version quite a bit. The mountains on this version don't really work for me. I like the rivers on the new version much more.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected dasneviano's Avatar

I like your new WIP a lot. I agree that the mountains in the other version were very nice, but these work as well. I like how raw they look, as if you had scratched the parchment itself. I'd maybe like to see the coastline without the glow? Faint as it is, it's the only thing I can't say I like about this new version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12