Thread: Physical Map of the World of Tethadrias

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On second thought, I am going to save the physical feature names for closer up single continent maps. So this will become the world overview basically. Critique away! It can't be perfect yet...or...can it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	39791
    Updated version: Changed coloring a bit and added darkened areas representing swamps.

Seriously? No critique? I don't know whether I should be proud that nobody thinks somethings wrong or if I'm just talking to myself!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected occam99's Avatar

I'm very new to the community and digital mapping techniques in general so I can't offer any expert advice.

However, subjectively speaking, the wavy lines on the coasts don't do much for me. I love your land texturing, but it doesn't seem to gel with the hard outlines and those 'waves'. Also the lakes in Erelen may draw the attention of the river police - I'd assume the southern lake is fed from the nearby mountains, though, and it could be a question of scale that we don't see the feeders - the northern lake has no visible exit, however.

I do like your volcanoes, and that island to the north-west of Scortesia intrigues me.

A few fixes - softened the coastline a bit and changed the waves slightly. Also edited the coloring of the land a tad bit more.
    You are correct in assuming that the southern lake in Erelen is fed from the mountains, it just isn't clearly shown on this map as this shows just the majorly important features, however, it will be on the closer up maps. The northern lake is absorbed into the ground and has a drainage system underground.
    The intriguing crescent island near Scortesia is a volcanic island inhabited by a very powerful lich highly attuned to fire...and death...I have a website at www.tethadriasproject.webs.com that has a main storyline if you are interested. It's a pretty new site but it's coming along
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	39793

P.S. Any suggestions for a different coast line technique that would fit this map better?
    Last edited by Engris; 11-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.