Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

I have been playing this on my PS3 for a long time now. Only a level 18, but nothing stands before my magic so far. I never really liked the Fallout engines or whatnot, was hard to control for me (I am a very old school player, like PSX and NES/SNES), so I was concerned I would not like it or get use to it. Glad I did, very good game, especially the music. :33

I got my sister attached to it as well. She's obsessed with it now (she is a Khajiit).

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I love Skyrim. The only thing I haven't done anything on the main quest other the the initial get out of the keep while the dragon attacks. The only problem I have so far is there is a bug of some sort which is preventing me from getting the quests for a house in Markoth (yeah I joined the drinking contest and ended up there and haven't left yet (at level 47))

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I've succumbed and bought it. I'm just wandering around gawping at the fantastic lighting, modelling etc. The cinematic feel of the game is great. I'm playing it just for the rpg rather than gaming sense and trying to get 'in character' rather than gaming the game. For example, I spend a lot of time walking rather than running, it feels right and there's so much to see. It's only day 1 though, I suppose they throw a lot of goodies at you early in the game. Absolutely loving it. The ported interface, once I got used to it, doesn't really bother me at all.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

Oh? I haven't noticed that. I generally get caught by the people who own the house or guards if I try. Takes a lot of sneaking for me.

Once I watched this vid on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw I was able to stop playing Skyrim and just laugh at the whole experience

Warning - the video has some grown-up language and swedish accents.

I bought my PS3 primarily to play Skyrim and I am not sorry I did. I didn't get much time to play it at first but I did little else during the holidays. Now I'm lvl 43 (-ish) and I still haven't finished but one of the questlines. Did have a bit of a problem with the autosave since the game froze due to the large save file, but other than that the game has been little else but awesome.

I'm not going to be around for awhile as I have been claimed by Skyrim. I just can't believe how well put together this game is! I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10 for my experience to date. I really do love how it works for the casual gamer and nothing (yet) is too hard to overcome without days of gameplay or having ninja reflexes honed by years of practice. But it gives you just enough of a challenge to feel that it's not a walkover. The storylines are the best I've ever seen in a computer game (which isn't saying that much since I haven't played any for a long time and am a bit out of date).

This review pretty much says it all.

But the largest cost that Skyrim wishes to exact from players is that which is measured in human hours: time. And given the volume of content Bethesda's game holds, preparations ahead of playing may be necessary.

So, with that in mind, may your boss believe you when you phone in claiming you have the plague, may your significant other be tolerant and understanding, and may your friends know you well enough not to make enquiries with the police if they don't hear from you in over a month.
    Skyrim awaits, adventurers. All it asks in return is your life …

See you in a week or so!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I wish my work didn't get in the way of me playing Skyrim. I only get to play a few hours a week. Damn need to make money to pay bills

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast