ravells,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I suppose the oblique view is probably already ambitious in light of the scale and diversity of the city itself. My only issue with doing it myself is that I'm good on the creative side of things, but mediocre when it comes to art. I'm a web developer by trade, not a web designer, and my rendered images always seem to resemble something a third-grader might do in MS Paint.

I guess I was hoping that giving away virtually all rights to it (so someone could put it in a portfolio and say, 'Behold my awesomeness!') that this might compensate for it being an unpaid project. I'm uncertain what's even a 'fair price' for something like this, and am hesitant to insult people by offering a number too low, or cheating myself by offering too high of a price--and at that point it becomes a matter of "I'm already doing this for free myself, why pay $500 for a map?"

The Nexus Core (the subterranean area) doesn't need to be mapped, or at the least could be a lot simpler than the city itself.

In any case, I'm willing to talk about scaling back certain aspects of the project (color, the 3/4 view, etc.) if it increases my chances.