Thread: November Challenge: Jo'feen's Ship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Reminds me of MegaTraveller on the old Atari for some reason! Looking good!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Well, I have an update, slow though the progress may be! I'm looking forward to cracking on in Photoshop, getting some lighting and better colour effects in.. but I'm getting ahead of myself there:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo'feen's Ship (20111103).png 
Views:	1485 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	40087

I've now added a colour scheme, much more in the way of furnishings, and some patterns. The scheme may appear a tad bold: this is part of the raypunk aesthetic I have in mind for the Median project. These colours are actually based on a pulp magazine cover, which I leaned on mostly because I've never actually used such a bold scheme before. As ever with this NaNoWriMo project, I'm learning at some pace! Nothing is final, though. Seeing the thumbnail already has me thinking about lightening that blue, and of course the wings will need more decoration than that.

Mostly I'm focusing on the shape of the access ramp and engine now. I'm not entirely sure where to even start on the engine, which is to be housed astern, but I intend for the ramp to drop down from the main hull's cargo area, much like the Millennium Falcon and Ebon Hawk's ramps do in the Star Wars films and Knights of the Old Republic.

I doubt I'll manage to make a very nice presentation of this, but I'm learning and having fun. I'm happy for that alone.
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)