Thread: Aphoris - Campaign Map

Map Aphoris - Campaign Map

So, um, this is my first time saying anything, I've mostly lurked and wondered at everyone's amazing works. I've stumbled upon this site while looking for encounter maps to help my new GM out, and I actually did end up really interested in how this stuff works. I sort of finished my first map a few days ago, trying to follow Pasis's tutorial and ended up using a lot of textures from here, mostly from Coyotemax and Sonnenfalke. It's made in Photoshop CS6.

This is for a homebrew DnD 5e campaign. It's mostly done at my players' request of an original map, and they seem to be pretty happy with it. I would love to receive some feedback on this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49fba2bbbb701d131845624caceb6cee.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	4.81 MB 
ID:	107544

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is a great map in really every respect. Colors are great (I especially love what you did with the ocean and the slight bevel on the decorative lines), labels are clear, easy to read, and harmonious fonts; rivers make sense, and those are some of the best forests I've seen. Fantastic job. Have some rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That is a great map in really every respect. Colors are great (I especially love what you did with the ocean and the slight bevel on the decorative lines), labels are clear, easy to read, and harmonious fonts; rivers make sense, and those are some of the best forests I've seen. Fantastic job. Have some rep!
    Hi Diamond, thank you for the rep and the feedback! I actually put those lines in because I had no clue what to do with the ocean, so I just made some quick decorative lines and dropped a bit of shadow. The forests took me a bit of time, but it was my favourite part of the whole work, haha. I played around a lot with size and distance.

Also, I realised I posted the version without the legend, so that's coming up next I guess .