Thread: WIP: Abbotsford Map with Falls (Gimp)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hiya JB,

Lol, yeah I took it with a grain of salt, but your right - now I've got a better plan to go from.

Okay, here is an extremely rough layout with the new info. Things I'm not happy with are (maybe I should just say what I'm happy with):

1)Elevation changes (shaded areas near where rapids appear) aren't dark enough - nor can I figure out the best way to make them look correct in Gimp. I've tried every fricking filter effect, including those in Gimp-Fu, and so far nothing is a quick and simple fix. (I know it might not be a simple filter effect, but I believe I'm just irritated with this brainblock I have on it right now.) Suggestions on how to accomplish a realistic looking elevational change are needed. In other words..HELP!..lol

2) The salmon ladder needs to be shrunk in width, (that is the small stream just south of the northernmost rapids).

3) How I'm going to do a river running through a marsh.

4) Gully seems straight forward, but I said that about the elevation changes.

Tons more texture work, and overlaying of various items yet to be done. At this point I'm more frustrated than anything.

Cheers,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	40126 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overhead.png 
Views:	542 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	40127
    Last edited by Silverleaf; 11-21-2011 at 03:54 PM.