Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello, all.

It’s awesome to see you and your work on this forum. I’m a big fan! POST MORE!

Cheers!
    Adam Watts

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Oh no, that is helpful. Sadly, I have realized that technology can only take a person so far...at some point actual artistic ability is necessary

-Rob A>
    Heh! Yuppers, it does kinda help, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    It’s awesome to see you and your work on this forum. I’m a big fan! POST MORE!

Cheers!
    Glad you like my stuff. I'll see about posting some more later.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I'll admit, I'm a little unsure what to say. It's far easier to ask than it is to come up with something, if you see what I mean? We'll start with the mountains, and if you spot anything else you'd like to know about, I suppose we can move on from there. My problem is that none of my mapping 'tricks' seem all that special to me, so picking out something is pretty hard.

As for speeding things up -- well, I don't really. I'm a bit old-fashioned with my maps: I just draw it all. Sometimes, that just takes time.
    Yes, I do understand that. It is far easier to ask than it is to produce something. So to give you an idea, you can start a tutorial on making a city map... just go step by step as you create a city and show us how it's done... you don't have to create a city like those ... just a simple one that gives us poor amateur's something to try and emulate...

or is that still too ... generalized?

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Yes, I do understand that. It is far easier to ask than it is to produce something. So to give you an idea, you can start a tutorial on making a city map... just go step by step as you create a city and show us how it's done... you don't have to create a city like those ... just a simple one that gives us poor amateur's something to try and emulate...

or is that still too ... generalized?
    A little too generalised, perhaps, as there would be a lot of work involved with that, and it would take a long time to complete. Short tutorials fit into my schedule better.

Anyway, I'm uploading the tutorial for my simple mountains now, so you can see if that helps at all.

As requested, I've now posted a step-by-step tutorial for drawing simple mountains. You can find it here.

I hope it helps someone.

Really, really amazing work. I'll have to join the throng of "Map Enviers" (is that a word?) here! I'm really looking forward to seeing more, and to seeing some tutorials.

Just... wow!

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    Really, really amazing work. I'll have to join the throng of "Map Enviers" (is that a word?) here! I'm really looking forward to seeing more, and to seeing some tutorials.

Just... wow!
    Thanks very much. I'm glad you like my stuff, I'll see about posting more as the weeks go by.

As for some tutorials, as I mentioned in my last post, the first one is already up.

And the award for longest Member Introduction thread, currently clocking in at 4 pages and counting, goes to [drumroll please].....

Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    And the award for longest Member Introduction thread, currently clocking in at 4 pages and counting, goes to [drumroll please].....

Yeah, well, it has been boosted along a little by my seemingly irrepresible need to answer to everyone that posts here.

Much as this post attests to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast