First - awesome map! Well worth the smidgen of rep I can dole out.

It's tough to reconcile hand-drawn features with extensive labeling... with a bit more modern map one can better reconcile the erasure of bits around the text with halo/ glow effects. Mimicking maps of hundreds of years ago, that doesn't look quite right. You have in some high-contrast feature areas a real fight between the labels and the feature linework - take the Tulestine Foothills. To my eye, you might as well lose the linework among the letters there - it's confusing. The super-high contrast mountain shading in the adjacent Dragontooth range is just as big a fight for one's attention. The Briggdorum Mountains label, same problem. I'm not sure how you'd reconcile that, just that it warrants some attention.

The amount of grunge across Arzool is a similar issue - not enough contrast to make out the labels. Combining alignment along a curve (Terramoth) with vertical displacement along a curve (the Emerald Hills) seems odd, unless the differing styles delineated different types of features or had some other reason to exist. With all that nice hand-crafted lettering, some of the crisp small text seems jarringly different. You could perhaps substitute a slightly less regular font for things like Doljinaar - "City of Kings" and The Trail Of Majesty. Those look downright Times-Roman typeset.

The mountains and hills are very good. The forests are OK, but come across a bit mechanical -- tough, I know, unless one wants to do a LOT of hand-drawing and hand-placing!

I like it a lot, as-is. If you succeed in tweaking it better, fantastic!