Thread: Hello. I'm here for software advice, mainly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello. I'm here for software advice, mainly

My name is Stabbey and I'm from Canada. I like looking at maps as well as making them.

Right now I'm working on a novel, and it gets hard sometimes trying to work things out without having a map at hand. I do have Photoshop, but there's only so much I can do with that. I asked on another forum about good map-making software, and I was pointed at this forum as one of the places to go for information.

I guess I should post the rest of this in the software forum, but I may as well. The novel will need maps for many diverse places, from the interiors of mines, to towns, a country, a continent (maybe even an entire planet, although only the one country will need much detail), and even the interior of a spaceship. Reading around, I think Fractal Mapper 8 comes the closest to providing all of that, but I'd like to ask more questions before buying it.

EDIT: Oops, I thought the forum ate this, so I tried to re-post it. I looked away and missed the message about a moderator needing to approve a thread. Go ahead and delete the re-post, mods.
    Last edited by Stabbey; 11-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.