Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Simple Mountains [Photoshop/GIMP/Painter/etc.]

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Without having to make a higher res video, you could always put up the exact tools you used (even a small jpg of the actual tool) underneath or to the side of the video... that would be one way to do it...

I think a follow up would be the next best thing to do for another tutorial tho...
    That's a good idea. I'll add the tools I used later today; that should help clarify things a little.

As for another video, I agree a follow-up probably does make the most sense, so don't be surprised if that's what I do.

There's no law that says it has to be a video tutorial, is there? How about a plain ol' picture one? With screenshots? You could include screenshots of your tools/settings, too.

Great tutorial! Thanks for posting! Some really nice work at your website. Would love to see more insight into your methods!

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    There's no law that says it has to be a video tutorial, is there? How about a plain ol' picture one? With screenshots? You could include screenshots of your tools/settings, too.
    Very true. That said, video tutorials take almost no time to make when compared to writing it all out in detail, and my time is tight.

Just now I'm chasing a tight deadline for the Song of Ice and Fire rpg (hence my lack of posting lately), and I also have the joys of raising my two daughters to contend with (my real 'full time' job). That leaves me surprisingly little time to do everything I'd like to do, especially when you factor in my roleplaying, and I roleplay a lot.

As for the tool settings: well, fortunately for this one, I used hardly any at all. However, when I do more tutorials, I'll certainly need to address the lack of detail on a small video. Perhaps I'll just get a bit more web-space and make the video bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by JFJohnny5 View Post
    Great tutorial! Thanks for posting! Some really nice work at your website. Would love to see more insight into your methods!
    Well, once this batch of deadlines is surpassed, I'll see what I can do.

As for the website: I tried to put a selection of different work there to give people an idea of what I do, but I have far more festering away on my hard drive, some of which utilise very different styles.

I plan to make a better gallery in the upcoming months, but time, as always, is my enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Just echoing, my thanks for your excellent tutorial, Hapimeses!
    Thanks. I'll see about sorting some more later.

Well, I finally have access to a tablet. My wife thinks it was a birthday present. hee hee.

Anyway, I gave the tutorial a go, and I think I was quite successful. Here's my little sketch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hapmountains.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	3431  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I've used your mountain techniques with some good results. Right now, it's all B/w, I'll be adding paper background and color later. I'm just wishing I'd be as satisfied with my forests as I am with the mountains. Thanks for the tutorial!

Regards,
    Neurowiz

Name:	WorldMap.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	3462  

Map Gormencosta

Here's Daddy Paddle's try at hand drawn mapping. There's a reason why a like the Bryce stuff.

Name:	handdrawn.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	3665  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast