Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
Andy, this is great. It's so very simple; I imagine many people will soon be emulating and adapting this style. Very useful video.
Indeed, very simple. When you have an assortment of pressing deadlines, simple, effective techniques for repeated elements win every time. That leaves more time for laying the map out and drawing the details (such as the villages and towns, if we are to continue using the Kislev map as an example).

Of course, more complicated ways will look better, but they will take proportioniately longer as well. Further, sometimes a simple style looks better for certain maps (and in the case of the Kislev map, a simple, clean rendition was, I believe, the best option).

I hope you make many of these tutorials. You sound great and are very complete! Well done. (Plus, for us blue-blooded 'Mericans, you have a fun accent )
I'm glad I came across well. I've never don this sort of thing, so I was a little concerned I would sound the rambling fool.

As for the accent: well, I'm Scottish, so you'll have to live with it.

(Oh, and I added to the title of this thread to help future thread browsers; I hope you don't mind)
Nope, don't mind at all. I'd've done it myself if I'd thought about it.

Thanks again, Andy.
No problems.

Anyone else find it useful?