Thread: atpollard says hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would love to (and as soon as I create one beyond the paper sketch stage, I probably will).

Can we be real …
    When I started drawing with computers for fun, back in 2006, I loved to draw Traveller starships like this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Craft -Midget Midget (2006).jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	40363

I eventually fell in with the wrong crowd … talented writers and a pdf publisher. Since a good writer can generate 5000 words on a good day and 20,000+ words in a good week (about 30 pages of text after layout) they would churn out a book of starship designs in a week and request about 25 pages of plans and exterior views as soon as possible. As a 10-20 hour per week hobby, that’s a year and a half of my free time. So I became faster and learned to cut non-essential corners. So here is a more recent project:

Name:	HandleyAvatrix-8x11 (22Apr09)_Page_01.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	40364

Name:	HandleyAvatrix-8x11 (22Apr09)_Page_05.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	305.2 KB 
ID:	40365

… but I get enough opportunity to cut corners and generate ‘just OK’ graphics at work (Land Planner for Commercial Development), so I came here looking for a muse to help me raise the bar and inspire a goal other than ‘fast’. I have a truly fantastic adventure to illustrate and hope to turn out at least one ‘good’ piece for it.
    Last edited by atpollard; 12-05-2011 at 09:34 AM.