Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** December 2011 Challenge - Dragons Lair ***

Been thinking about getting involved in this challenge. I played around with a couple ideas, but nothing sync'd up to my desires. Though I have the idea of wanting to incorporate my layer depths of water (with Xara) as part of the entry to a cavern. I might do this one photorealistic instead of hand-drawn, just for something different. I had thought about Reign of Fire - as in modern post-apoc with burned out jeeps and stuff, but I'm back looking at traditional fantasy dragons at this time. I'm getting an idea, but nothing concrete yet - which is weird for me. Usually I look at a challenge and a crystal clear view of a concept comes to mind.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Photorealistic is my favorite style, so I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Now, this sounds exciting! Dragons have a place in my heart, even despite Skyrim's recent bugs which made them fly backwards. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Generally I don't do fan-fiction. To me, if I can't potentially publish a map, it's not worth doing. If I create something honoring someone else's publication, there are too many hoops to jump to take that to publication. While I certainly don't publish every map I make - the potential is still there... (besides I was not a fan of Pern).

So Ravs, make as a Pern dragon lair map for this challenge! You still have time.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Not wanting to start a rules war, but just need a clarification. In Nighthawk's new post Tilt stated that the map had to be started from scratch after the contest was started. Maybe I missed it, but I read every post in the rules thread and I couldn't find that rule. Is is posted somewhere else? I'm new here and could have easily missed it.

The reason I ask is that since I didn't see the rule when I entered, I started with maps that I posted at Dundjinni a while ago. While I have significantly reworked them, I cannot truly say that they are "from scratch". If this is the rule I will gladly move the maps to a different part of the Forum and make a new map. In fact, I will start the new map anyway.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Bogie - hmmm.. you're absolutely right... it is mentioned in post 27 in the thread but have somehow never made it to the actually rules post (until today). If you have no problems starting a new map that would be cool - then we don't have to try to decide *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just a note to tell you that the contest is on its last day, tomorrow (at some point after getting kids in school and checking mail and so forth CET+1) it will be closed and voting commences.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice

I am just waiting to see this... hahahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12