Thread: WIP - Dvenic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

While I would like to try my hand at drawing the mountains myself sometime, I have neither the tools nor skill to do so currently. Thus, brushes it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dvenic Mountains.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	40463

This is my current progress, using the brushes from Ramah's maps. Honestly, I'm not completely sold on this approach. The mountains don't really seem to form a proper range yet, it more just looks like a pile of pointy bits. I'm hoping it will look better once I get the hills and forests in more carefully. Also, looking at it now, I'm seeing that the large and small mountains are fairly evenly mixed - maybe if I move the larger ones into the center of the range?

The forests as they currently stand are very much not final, and I only have them on to see how the trees go with the rest of the map. They need to be quite a bit less dense and more carefully placed, but I'll work on that more after I get the mountains and hills down.

I also need to see about getting some rivers in sometime.

Okay, confession time - I completely forgot about this map until a few days ago. Today I sat down and spent my evening getting it done. I'm using Tetrajak's (lovely) brushes from his Irshy map now. There's probably a lot more I could say about this right now, but I really should get off to bed.

So here's the map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvenic.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	43406