Thread: My First Map Submission: Hand-drawn map from a few years back.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adam, Pentos is a really good map. If you drew it this month, you'd be a contender for the current Lite competition - 'draw a map by hand'. The colors are striking, the landforms are convincing. The red-brown mountains are a nice contrast from the rest of the palette. Do you get what the others have noted about some rivers being hinky? Two principles - they won't redivide on their way to the ocean, and you need to pay attention to the terrain being 'downhill' all the way from source to sea. Seeing as it's a done deal, any complaints are so much whistling in the wind - 'tis what 'tis, and what 'tis is a nice map :-).

If you do more in this vein, we would love to see as you construct them.

Thank you!

First off I had no idea about the competition, still new to the forum. If under a month is for total actual drawing then yes, but with I took some time in between to complete. Second, yes I do understand my rivers are retarded, it's one of the main criticism I have got for this map before and have tried to correct it in my current maps. However, thanks a lot for the advice!

Also I will try to post more up-to-date maps and like you said the process I take as I make it, and and maybe some information about my world building project.