Thread: Wip (2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

Default Wip (2)

Hello forum!

A bit ago I made a thread in the How to section and got some replies. Some said they couldn't help much unless I posted the map, and so here is the WIP of the map for my novel. Most of what takes place happens in the northeast continent. I have finished the novel, though, so here's hoping I can build the world correctly pertaining to what I wrote...

REMOVED; NEW VERSION

If the forests mountains etc etc needs to be laid down first for help, I can draw up a super WIP to show where they were when I made the novel. Lastly, It is small because nothing else has been added to it. If it needs to be larger, please tell me and I will share it.

Looking forward to suggestions, help etc etc,

EDITS, 2012, MARCH 10TH!:

Decided to go for a hand drawn map, or try to at least, since they are my favorite kind of maps. I have Paint SAI Tool, GIMP, Corel, Photoshop CS5, Paint.net, Inkscape and Illustrator, and a Genius Tablet. I am unsure which is the best to make my symbols, mountains, etc etc in, so I'm currently using Paint SAI Tool for its smooth lines and amazing selection of tools. The files can be turned into "renders" by saving as PSDs and opening in CS5.

Alex~

P.S
    Books reading (to learn from):
    Essentials of Physical Geography by Robert E. Gabler, James F. Petersen, and L. Machael Trapasso, Introducing Physical Geography by Alan H. Strahler and now, finally, the full A Magical Society book.
    Last edited by Alex; 03-10-2012 at 12:54 AM.