Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IGS Games random on-line dungeon generator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    Hi!
    A question though: do you developped your own engine or do you make use of on-shelf one like NBOS Inspiration Pad Pro 2?
    Another one: do you search for developper backup to go faster in research/development?
    Anoril
    It's all custom in code, although I have borrowed ideas from other on-line dungeons. It's pretty basic PHP front end, perl back end, with flat data files. If you are interested in helping out, let me know!

Grrr! Not working for me - just getting the same pattern. Sure it's awesome when it's working properly tho!

Quote Originally Posted by tronos76 View Post
    Grrr! Not working for me - just getting the same pattern. Sure it's awesome when it's working properly tho!
    That happens when I'm debugging a tile. I don't have a dev instance yet. That's not true. The live instance IS the dev instance. :-) So please try again.

very interesting online solution for make dungeons!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Guild Applicant

Very nice. One of the best RDG's I've seen thus far. I like the simplicity. As for options, Map Only (just to avoid generating stuff people may not want), export options (PDF being the primary -- painful but very handy), Background is missing that classic TSR blue color... That's all I can think of offhand.

Great job thus far.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

save/export/print options are a must I think. It is a shame to generate these maps and not have way to save them...

Very nicely done, and I am gonna hit you with my rep stick...such as it is.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    save/export/print options are a must I think. It is a shame to generate these maps and not have way to save them...

Very nicely done, and I am gonna hit you with my rep stick...such as it is.
    On the Mac, I just print/save to PDF. I'm not here to coddle you Windows users. :-) Seriously, there's no intermediate step to grab the map and pdf it, so it'll have to be done on the browser. If anyone knows of a good way to do this, let me know. How does Donjon do it? So classy...

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Another goody to make my life easier!

very cool, clever use of sprites and CSS positioning. how many tiles do you have?
    >>< drow ><<

Quote Originally Posted by drow View Post
    very cool, clever use of sprites and CSS positioning. how many tiles do you have?
    Each tile has multiple versions with little sub tiles to make the connections line up. It's 306 tiles at last count, with 2527 variations. I'm still not happy with the way that they connect, and keep planning to redo it from scratch. Maybe that's why I never finish anything? :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast