Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing, Kuragiman. I am looking forward to the rest of the maps. And if you want to share and write up the world-information on here, even better. I am always interested to see what worlds other minds come up with
Concerning the world map: so you'll be doing an own worldmap? You're not satisfied with the FT version?
Btw, i have already spotted where Lazarus and Angust are placed on it. So i guess the map can't be that bad
The way I created what I did in FT is I took a really crappy old map I did in photoshop about ten years ago and I made an overlay out of it in FT. And then went in and hand carved away all the land where the water was suppose to be then did some erosion scripts to build coast lines and this is what I got. Ultimately though, getting mountains to be mountains and flat lands to be flat was too much hassale at the scale I wanted to work with. It seems FT does to much "wiggling" in flat area producing rough terrain where you don't want it. The developer told me on here that is just how it does it's thing. I don't have the patience to sit there and scrape a little bit here and there and then wait for it to render. If the software could do the changes in real time it would be amazing... like working on a sculpture, chipping away the pieces here and there but fractal software can't do that. It has to recalculate all the points after ever change.

FT is a great program and did help me get things in the right place and I have seen some INCREDIBLE maps done with it but my understanding of how people got them to look like that in FT (using wilbur here and there) is just beyond my brain's ability to understand.

I am glad you were able to spot the two kingdoms I have already mapped. Means I did something right.