Lately since gaming hasn't taken a hold of my life like it did 6 years back, I decided to get back into my creative-ness.... and well I reached into the OLD archives of my brain and art folders and found my ORIGINAL map... well i didn't like how it looked so I ventured to youtube and went to search for a few tutorials on how to create maps, if there was a map creating program out there. I found CC3, but I don't have the money to buy it... so I stuck with the photoshop tutorials. Which led me here, in the end! Originally I watched RPGMapMaker, but then found a tutotrial on here that helped more. I toyed with both concepts I found for about.. 3-5 days, and finally found a map I am rather fond of. Now.. its more realistic then what I'd like but at least it looks better then what my picture ones did! HAHA

MAP HERE
The map itself is about 2000x2000 pixels... so its pretty big. I plan on doing a map, same size, for each region/country just to fresh out the details of my over-all world. Now, I would like for it to be a bit more FANTASY then realistic, but most of the fantasy maps I have found on here, have custom brushes but no link to the custom brushes and I'm a newb when it comes to creating new brushes/patterns and whatever else you can create in photoshop. Your comments would be appreciated to see if im going on the right track of doing my maps.

And yes, it's still a WIP because I still havent added the names to the capitals, cities, towns, villiages, rivers, lakes, and ocean(s).