Thread: Untitled map for tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hi,
    I really like the land shape of your continents!
    Thanks! It's not really a merit: just a lot of time running "planet" to hunt a suitable map :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    To be honest, i like the empty-of-labels map the best. The other two with all those labels are very hard to "read" - and i am not talking about the texts. All the writing totally obscures the map itself.
    I have to agree. After a lot of trying, I couldn't make it look better. So, the last iteration of the map has only the big labels. Here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet-0.560789-Square-brown.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	41129

I still hope I'll find a way of adding more labels to the map without making it a mess, but for now it'll remain label-light.

Thanks for the comments!

Guild Member

Wip Vectorized version of the map

Hi there!

I was playing a bit with Inkscape, and this is came out. I vectorized three layers that I had done in Gimp: the continents' borders, the mountains and the rivers. Then I tried several things with them, and this is what I have now.

It's still very far from done, but I'm having a lot of fun. Well, except for Inkscape swallowing all of my 12GB of RAM, which is egregious. I had to restart it from time to time while working on this :-/

Without further ado, here you are. As usual, critiques and comments are welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa-vectorizado.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	887.0 KB 
ID:	42917