Thread: Critique: Archipelago Nation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

May have been a while since I posted here, but I am still working on the map. I discussed it with my friend, telling him all of your feedback. He decided not to go with the shaded relief. Especially after I discussed with him how difficult it can be to generate appropriate heightfields. Actually, how long it could take to fish for appropriate heightfields. He then decided to leave it to me.

I have decided to try my hand at a hand-drawn style of map. Once I had the lay of the map the way he wanted it, it ended up too large to post here (at I think it is). The map is 4000px by 6000px by 1,687,969 bytes. Here is the link: Ionen Dor.

My friend actually wants the map to be labeled in an alien language the characters will not know. In other words, I am going to have to make two maps, one with alien text, the other with English. Attached is an image with some fonts I have. This is not all the alien text fonts I have, only the ones I wanted. I wanted it to at least appear hand written, but yet alien. Too many other alien text fonts I have look too close like printed text.

My question: Which do y'all like the best?

Listing from top down, the fonts are:
    1. Atlantean
    2. AutoREALM Futhark
    3. Bacata
    4. Dark Arts
    5. Galach
    6. Guild
    7. JSL Tencton
    8. Leviathan
    9. Minbari2
    10. Runes The Elder Scroll
    11. Wizard Speak
    12. Wizard Speak Worn

Thanks, for the C&C.

rmfr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IonenDor-AlienTexts.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	41248  
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."