Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Eudorea WIP

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip

I guess this is more or less finished. C&C, ideas?

The idea with the shields in the corners I saw on another map recently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eudorea Ost.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	41293  

I like the idea of the shields, but I'm not sure they work as well with your comparatively thin border. I'd either beef up the thickness of your border, perhaps make it a tad more ornate to match the shields, or get rid of the shields entirely.

Otherwise you've got an excellent map here that's clean, descriptive and stylish. Well done, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandTom View Post
    I like the idea of the shields, but I'm not sure they work as well with your comparatively thin border. I'd either beef up the thickness of your border, perhaps make it a tad more ornate to match the shields, or get rid of the shields entirely.

Otherwise you've got an excellent map here that's clean, descriptive and stylish. Well done, sir!
    I'll refine the border.

I redesigned the border. The ornaments (brushpack here) fit better to the shiny map elements than the shields.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eudorea Ost.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	41320  

Nice map overall. Not so sure about the mountain-range on the left...it's kind of zu gleichmässig (sorry, i didn't find the right word and just posted the german one) and not that mountain-y to begin with. Of course that is just mho.
    Btw, what i'd really like to see (read) is a setting primer (enthusiastic world-builder and roleplayer over here ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Very cool. You have the... er... spiked things with the lines radiating out of them in the water. (Boy you can tell I am new to cartography). I was just thinking you don't see things like that or longitude and latitude in fantasy maps very often. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Nice map overall. Not so sure about the mountain-range on the left...it's kind of zu gleichmässig (sorry, i didn't find the right word and just posted the german one) and not that mountain-y to begin with. Of course that is just mho.
    Btw, what i'd really like to see (read) is a setting primer (enthusiastic world-builder and roleplayer over here ).
    The region covers several thousand kilometers, so I guess most detail would vanish at the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesslian View Post
    Very cool. You have the... er... spiked things with the lines radiating out of them in the water. (Boy you can tell I am new to cartography). I was just thinking you don't see things like that or longitude and latitude in fantasy maps very often. I like it.
    THanks. I constantly forget the word for the 'spiked things'.

Very nice map! I love the colours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12