Thread: Kingdom of Eshenor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Just a quick post, attached are two images for my new and improved "meh"-style version 2,
    The one image is only a portion (a single province to be exact) of the kingdom I'm designing, the second is a full continent image to set the scale of the province in relation to the rest of the kingdom.
    Still deciding on the actual scale ([0--50--100 km] thingy that appears on maps, don't know what it's called) though; I'm concerned that if it's too big then the population will be too small, or if it's too small the population is too big, or if it's too big my horses will die before my d00ds get from one town to the next xD

But, anyway, this is what I've got so far.

Edit:
    A few thoughts.
    1. I changed the geographical feature names to Italics, the effect isn't unpleasant but neither is it pleasing. 50/50 on it.
    2. I may have gone overboard with the banners, lol (just a little xD); but I can't think of a way to make the fonts legible without resorting to my version 1 "meh"-style.
    3. I may remove all banners save for province capitals (Vinna in this case) and work something else out for the rest.
    4. The desert looks like water.

P.S: Not sure where I should create a thread for "on-going" maps so I can post the progress of this map; I didn't see a On-Going section, so at the moment I'm thinking "General Discussion".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Theleric.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	41161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Theleric_Entire.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	41162
    Last edited by Sabbz; 01-12-2012 at 06:17 PM.