Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Worldmap of Arden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fascinating and huge

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus van der Kroft View Post
    I found a small settlement (or what I think is a small settlement) that seems to be missing a name. It is located in the small island in south-western Oceanus Desperare, east of Eledare and north-west of Astan.

Otherwise, I'm still fully enjoying the tremendous amount of the detail in this map. You can certainly tell there is a lot going on in this world.

One question: The Imperial Province of Urdatha seems to have a slight urban texture to it. Does it represent a massive, region-spanning city development?

Yes there are still some little bugs in it. I dont realy like the forests anymore, I will try another aproach for the next map!
    The Texture on Urdatha are Farming Fields, this is the corn-chamber of the Empire.

Are such informations interesting at all? I mean why I choose to render a certain area in the way it is? All elements of the maps are trying to tell a bit about the empires point of view about the world. Some races of the worlds are Reptilian Traders (Central South and The Traders City of Fahl Sierra). The Vrelaken Terretories of primitiv cultures of ogres, Lords of forgery and Worrior Voivodats. The many Celafati Realms, similar to medieval Islamic culture, one of the first hight cultures of my world, spread by the Scith, Goblins and master alchemists..... and so on and so on.

Here are so many Maps with lots of stories and Ideas inside it, I would love to read more of them! I would realy love a place where I could read about all the vast amount of fictional worlds here on the guild!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Farming, I was right!! I thought it looked like fields and canals..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Novice Facebook Connected occam99's Avatar

I think my heart skipped a beat when I opened up the thumbnail. I keep a small portfolio of links to maps on this site, to wow my RPG group with, and this jumped straight to the top.

I'm not sure if me giving out rep is worth anything, but have some anyway.

Hey occam99 we all enjoy maps here, everyone counts and makes this art-form what it is, a work of passion. So, thank you for the rep! Everone counts

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

i really enjoy this map. Great Work! Repped up for ya

I specifically joined this site just to ask if I could use your map for my game. It's absolutely stunning and I think the players would be really happy to live inside that world. I would be eternally grateful if I could.

I check these forums a lot and can only dream of doing this for myself, but I had to post if for no other reason than to try to pass along rep.

And the fact you gave the brushes for others to try and attempt this greatness deserves its own special rep scale.

Thank you all for the praise. I hope my next map will be a similar succest. At the moment I try some variations in technics and styles to devellop my skills. See more in th WIP area of World building.

Phenomenal detail.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast