Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Worldmap of Arden

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murtauh View Post
    Lovely map! One detail I did note to be off however is the direction of the rivers. The tributaries seem to from up and coalesce near the oceans, then flow inland. In reality, this would be the opposite.
    Look at my otehr maps
    I learned to do better by now.

Guild Applicant
    Far far away from most people I fear. :'D

Great map! I love the style, the mountains and terrains look very well-drawn and the layout is great too. I really got a lot of inspiration from this, too, so you deserve all of my internets, good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Look at my otehr maps
    I learned to do better by now.
    Is this even possible? This is phenominal in its own respect.

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Ah, a truly gorgeous map, a cartographic lady in waiting, lying in wait to ambush the unsuspecting passerby!

It's not a perfect map - but, damn, the end result is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Magnificent. Beautiful. Grand to behold!

Where to start? The mountains, of course. Majestic, the towering behemoths rise above the cartographic landscape. At last, a cartographer that appreciates that mountains are rather mountainous creatures. The really gigantic ones - those are the ones that make men swoon, and subjugate us into a perennial state of unyielding admiration.

All those hills, draped like ornaments across the vastness that this map implies. Lots of variety, lots of different sizes. It makes the mouth water.

And those trees - those quad-zillions of trees. Oh, yes! oh, my! They make the forests look grand, indeed. Great expanses of heavily forested areas, such that even the Picts of Robert E. Howard fame would envy the likes of these!

The water, namely those lakes and inland seas, they are creatures of subtle beauty, for sure. I am certain of that much, if I am certain of anything. They are the pearls that grace this fair lady of a map.

And all of those horizontal instances of font work. They aren't my ideal favorite method of laying text atop a map, but you have worked your cartographic witchcraft with a most poisonous addiction. The underlined place names bring this land to life, securing their place in the annals of worthiness for all time. Let none question the wisdom of your decision in the matter of text labels to mark the cartographic locations.

Lots and lots of delicious islands dangling in the west, like candies of geographic sweetness tempting my eye as it scours across the map. Oceanus Desperae - many are thy children, these islands that thrust up from the depths of thy seas!

The barren lands that lay between Nimtal and Tremorlor - oh, how vaunted thy claims to contrast should be! It's mostly empty space, but how beautiful such a barren expanse can be, when juxtaposed against the geographic diversity that manifests itself elsewhere on this map of grandiose accomplishment.

Oh, and the lovely escarpment, what runs below Wendigroth and Aria!

And look at the jungles of Marndurak-Djungel! And the mountain range to the east of that foreboding forest of tropical flavor - The eye rests well upon that fearsome range.

Sinalath. Melenkurion. What mysteries unknown lie between thy lofty peaks?

It's just lovely, a map such as this. Just lovely, indeed.

Wow thats great
    I love the montains you created...

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Man it is a nice work, is exactly the style that i like!
    I need u teaching me

Guild Applicant

Wow! What a map! Great Job!

Guild Novice

Amazing map! Seriously fantastic work! You are an inspiration to me! Thanks for posting!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Man it is a nice work, is exactly the style that i like!
    I need u teaching me
    Just ask me.

How did you get the texture and colouration? I would love a tutorial.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast