Thread: Isometric Dungeons in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Actually when going through the tutorials I just duplicated your map rather than being original. I am working on another one using your technique. I'll show you what I have so far. I've been experimenting with different methods of laying down tiles. Let me show you my pokemon's.

1. There I wanted to see if I could make a circular room. I used the elliptical marquee tool to lay down a circle and then filled it with tiles.

2. There I used the pen tool and made a blob shape then filled the squares paint bucket.

3. Triangle room. There a used quick mask and shift clicked a triangle then filled the squares with paint bucket.

4. Circle rooms done a bit different. On these I made a new layer, made a circle with the elliptical marquee tool and filled it with a color. Then I moved the circle into position and ctrl+ left click the grid layer icon and then delete the lines from the new circle. Then I filled in the squares to the circle with paint bucket on the layer I made the circle on. Since I made so many I duplicated the layers and moved them into position, flipped them around and put the on the other side. When they were all in position I merged the layers down and they all turn into tiles.

5. Big square room. Around here I remembered another tool. I made a new layer, used the polygonal lasso tool, filled it with a color then merged down.

6. On this one I had a random Idea and thought I would try it out. I used the magic wand tool to select a grid square, expanded it one pixel and filled it with black and made a new brush from it. Then I made a new layer above the tiles layer and just slapped down some paint. Ctrl+ left click the grid and hit delete on the new layer to get rid of the lines. Then I merged down. Now I took the erase tool with my new brush and shift clicked to remove the parts I didn't want.

Maybe some new tricks will occur to me as I go along.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iso map wip.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	41470