Consider a dropbox account - everything I am working on of any importance I keep in it, they keep backups for I think 30 days (at least) so if anything gets deleted you can recover it easily, you can share folders with friends you are collaborating with so the same files appear on both of your computers, if they ever folded your files are safe on your computer, if your hard drive dies your files are safe on their server - you can access from PC, Mac, ipad, iphone, android - pretty much anything, and the first 2 gigs are free - thats plenty of storage for documents, maps, whatever. If you do their tutorial you get an extra 250 meg, and if you get referred by a user you get an extra 250 meg and the referrer gets 250 also, to a 10 gig limit. It is the greatest thing - I live in NY and my partner in an app business lives in Houston, we can pass files back and forth faster than if the 2 of us were sitting side by side.

If anyone wants to use my referrer link to sign up it is http://db.tt/mpFd7wXa use it gets you extra space - or it is www.dropbox.com for the main site.

Sorry if I sound like a commercial - but I love this program/app/service whatever it is.