Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The world of Etrakien

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yet another update of the map. All mountains, rivers and forests are in place. Well some changes may occur as progress goes on. But nothing major.

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	världskarta_3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	3342  

Hey Clercon, I'm new to this site, and just wanted to say that this is a high quality map. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished copy, I like the complicated backstory that you have to it!

Really nice. Mountain seem too thin to me but it might be my imagination.

Ho, and your west island, there in the middle part, it have strange line in the inlet... starting a water level?
    Hinaloth F. Lester, at your service.

Back, with even more mapping!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaloth View Post
    Really nice. Mountain seem too thin to me but it might be my imagination.

Ho, and your west island, there in the middle part, it have strange line in the inlet... starting a water level?
    Well the lines in the water was originally around all the land. But I decided to remove it, but obviously forgot it at one place. Still don't know though if I keep it this way or put it back. We'll see.

About the mountains, well I think they look good :-) What do you mean with too thin? Are they too small in size or should they take up more space on the map?

This is one of my favorites. I'm a long way off from anything like this, but I'll be emulating some of the styles from this map someday.

It has been a very long time since my last update. But I haven’t given up my little world map.
    I’ve taken a Photoshop course this Autumn so it hasn’t been much time to work on the map. Anyway now I have added some new features so I thought I should put them up for display. To see what you all think of them. Am I in the right direction here? The borders of the countries have really been a big problem to me. I think I’ve tried over 10 different ways of doing them. Now I finally have something that I feel satisfied with. Well enough babbling, have a look and see what you think.

All the names are in Swedish……but hey I’m Swedish so I prefer it that way :-) If you wonder what the names mean just give me a shout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	världskarta_7.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	622.9 KB 
ID:	8411  
    Last edited by Clercon; 12-12-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Edited a typo.

I like it. The nations stick with the clean look of the map, and the labels are easily readable. This continues to be one of my favourite maps to watch.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

The quality of the work displayed on this forum seems to get better and better. I love this map, it looks so cool. I stand in awe

Repped!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

This is one of my favourite WIPs, I have loved seeing this map develop from the start. I think the borders look great, but as I haven't seen your nine other options, it's hard for me to really compare! I can tell you for free that when you finish this map, it's going to be showcased as a CL's choice.

So I've decided to call my map done. So you better head over to the Finished map thread if you want to see it.

Thanks for all the help and support.

:-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast