Thread: Temple of Moradin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2 bits of advice on the roof, totally subject to individual preferences.

The roof matches the color of the path to closely, I think it would look better if there were some contrast.

Aside from the lines showing the shape of the roof, it looks flat. Add shadows and gradients to give it depth. Here is a roof by Digger at Dundjinni that has great depth from shading.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiled_Roof_Dig-small.png 
Views:	693 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	41850

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    2 bits of advice on the roof, totally subject to individual preferences.

The roof matches the color of the path to closely, I think it would look better if there were some contrast.

Aside from the lines showing the shape of the roof, it looks flat. Add shadows and gradients to give it depth. Here is a roof by Digger at Dundjinni that has great depth from shading.

Next try...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple de Moradin.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	41853

The tiles are now blue to contrast with the paths better. Plus, it had the advantage of suggesting a slate roof. Slates are good reliable stones rather than puny baked clay... In retrospect, it seems more dwarwish to me. But maybe they are a bit too blue now.

I also try to adjust the shadows. I don't know if they are very good now (for some reason I have trouble visualisig where real shadows would fall), but I thin that they are quite a bit better than they were before.
    Last edited by Simon33600; 02-04-2012 at 11:20 AM.