Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Post Consider orc and ogres

I was looking a 26 myself, only in relation to Qashya Mal. I was thinking something like orcs and ogres, influenced by mongol technology, but not mounted, unless there are mastadons in that region... lots of orc or ogre villages and such, no large communities - my thoughts anyway.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I was looking a 26 myself, only in relation to Qashya Mal. I was thinking something like orcs and ogres, influenced by mongol technology, but not mounted, unless there are mastadons in that region... lots of orc or ogre villages and such, no large communities - my thoughts anyway.
    Feel free to take it. Sounds like a great idea.

Looking at 26, if I read the colours aright, there is an isolated lowland surrounded by mountains in the northern third of the territory which would make an excellent place for a lost civilisation. Whether it survives or is in ruins would of course be an intriguing question...

I saw a post earlier, though I can't find it now, asking the approximate size of the area being mapped and distances. If, as the post said, this planet is about Earth sized I have A LINK an image that may help,,,hopefully, as I have never posted an image here before.
    The image was georeferenced in Global Mapper and the Latitude Longitude grid, distance and area measurements generated in GM as well.
    SeerBlue
    Last edited by SeerBlue; 05-01-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    I saw a post earlier, though I can't find it now, asking the approximate size of the area being mapped and distances. If, as the post said, this planet is about Earth sized I have A LINK an image that may help,,,hopefully, as I have never posted an image here before.
    The image was georeferenced in Global Mapper and the Latitude Longitude grid, distance and area measurements generated in GM as well.
    SeerBlue
    There was this post:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...0&postcount=92

And this post:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...2&postcount=93
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Question An odd question...

For the Qashya Mal Wiki page...

On my map of western Qashya Mal, there's this port town south of Calishem called Miresport. Unless it isn't obvious, unlike the other communities of the region it has a distinctly non-slavic/mongol sounding name. In fact it sounds like something from Thrubmorton Fens are other western location.

The idea, is that this is a colonial trade community built near Calishem to get a foot in the door to the eastern markets, as well as a way keeping an eye on any militant directives by the Khan to possible invasions to the west.

Miresport is a colony of who? Which of the other mapped territories has a stable sovereignty and perhaps somewhat imperialistic view of foreign affairs who might desire a trade port near the center of trade from the east?

Volunteer so I can provide appropriate background info on the site. You can volunteer info, individuals who might be appropriate community leaders...

Anyone?
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Hi.
    Whats left? Have areas 4 and 26 officially been taken or is it possible to give it a shot?
    -P

The area that Terrainmonkey had chosen to handle are free to grab again, too, due to circumstances.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Yes, Perfect, those two are still available and they are yours. Great to have you onboard. Baz, thats not great to hear about TM. Is that confirmed?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Sorry, only saw TM's post after I responded to this one. Perfect, you up to taking the one in between as well?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast