Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Don't worry about it, mine is still easily changed.

Blog Entries

Hi Venardhi, my current state of the map image is quite rough and I don't spend a lot of time getting each map exact though as we get more finished tiles I guess I could be a little more attentive. If you are able to cut into three squares that would be great

I was asked recently when the next level of mapping was going to begin. It struck me that members might think there had to be some completion of a regional map before mapping began on the individual settlements. Let me dispel that myth. If a map you see on one of these threads has a settlement with a name, and you want to map it go fir it. Just contect the mapper of the big map and check that s/he isn't reserving it for something, or that its not already being done, otherwise start mapping it and keep posting your progress. Also check anything that may already have been written about the place in the regions thread.

I want to stress that this is open to anyone who is on these boards. No pedigree needed and you dont have to have mapped an area to also map settlements.

Get going ya varmints.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Here is the latest landgrab picture. As you can see only 4 more areas to go. Come on those who have not yet grabbed one. Now is your chance. Become part of something big, cool and moving.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	3178  

ravells has kindly offered to walk me through a map since I can't seem to get off the ground on my own. I'm going to snag area 25 and hopefully have something to contribute when we're done!

Thanks again ravells - you've given me hope, and I've given you rep!

Hi IG. I responded in you other post, but I repeat: 25 is yours to do with what you please. I think as you go through it with Ravs the bug will bite. Most graphics apps seem to have an early learning curve which is hard but quite short. Once you get over it its very exciting.

I think its poetic that you should map a section as you are so intimately involved in the project anyway.

Torq

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Hi IG. I responded in you other post, but I repeat: 25 is yours to do with what you please. I think as you go through it with Ravs the bug will bite. Most graphics apps seem to have an early learning curve which is hard but quite short. Once you get over it its very exciting.

I think its poetic that you should map a section as you are so intimately involved in the project anyway.

Torq
    I really think it seems right that I should, but kept my hands out of the mapping because I didn't want to much anything up. We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    oh crumbs...I hope I don't teach you a load of mistakes.
    Tell you what - if it turns out well, I'll give you all the credit. If it looks like crap, I'll forget I know you.

Deal?

"It's a pleasure not doing business with you." :-D
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast