Thread: Dark Meeting....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Calan Stonebridge awoke with a start He felt like he had only slept for minutes but had no idea how long he had actually been asleep. He stood stiffly and realized he was still in the room that he had entered upon exiting the sewer. There was no sign of the men he had followed since the Stabbed Soldier and he could hear no noise. He cautiously moved to the door of the room and found it barred from the inside. He found that curious but could not afford to spend any time thinking about it. He had to regain the trail of the men. He moved the bolt from the door and moved out into what seemed like a narrow hallway. Across the hall were two other doors these were barred from the outside. Curiosity got the best of him and he slipped the bolt and opened the door. What he saw made him wish he had not. This room was obviously used to hold people against their will. two small cots what seemed to be shackles and a pile of filthy hay were the only furnishings. There were no occupants in the room but Calan nearly vomited at the sight of what looked like fresh blood stains. Suddenly his great adventure didn't seem so fun anymore.....

Today's update: more work on the details of the basement. I've added a "cell" and am trying to make this as "scary" as possible (remember this is seen through the eyes of a 13 year old...) Young Calan has surely got in over his head.....

anomiecoalition
    Really cool idea...not sure what details of the story you have peculating - but if they are entering from the sewer into a basement, is it safe to assume that that access point should be discrete? If so, might be cool to have a trap door, false wall, or have that part of the basement separate from the rest of the layout (so that those in the basement are less likely to notice that there is likely a hidden room there - made a quick model of what i mean.)
    Thanks for the suggestion and it might be a good idea....

*EDIT* Whoops...there I go with my complete disregard of scale again...The sewer entrance looks like it could be used by giants either that or the cell cots are for dwarven children..... I'll fix that

Object Credits

Doors-Greytale Greytales Nook
    Cots (modified from shelves) Greytale Greytales Nook
    Stone Floor Texture (modified by me) Greytale Greytales Nook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mennas House Basement.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	451.3 KB 
ID:	46605
    Last edited by jtougas; 07-15-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.