Calan Stonebridge forced himself to stand and leave the relative safety of the stairs. He had seen a glint of light coming from a doorway across the hall from him and for some reason he couldn't begin to understand he HAD to see what was in that room. He moved quietly across the hall and opened the door. Peeking inside he could see that it was dimly lit and smelled of dust. Moving a few steps inside he could make out the shapes of boxes and sacks. He took a few more steps and ended up on the ground with a grunt and a sharp intake of air. He wasn't certain what he had tripped over until he turned over. What he saw sent him running full speed to the top of the stairs where he hugged himself tightly to stop from shaking. His eyes hurt from him closing them so hard and he could not erase the image that seemed burned into them. He had found the occupant of the cell room. He lay dead on the storage room floor blood still leaking slowly from the horrible wound in his neck....

The story was rattling around in my head so I HAD to finish it. I think this is done. I added a few more details including a dead body (every adventure has to have a dead body or two...) I also finished the lighting and shadowing. I realize that this is mostly a collection of premade objects and some lighting and shadowing effects, but I really like how it turned out. I was looking for a certain feel and I think I achevied it. As always I'd love to hear what you think Stay tuned as young Calan rushes headlong into adventure.....

Object Credits:
Containers-Greytale Greytales Nook
Bodies-Alynnalizza Dundjinni
Webs-Surfbored Dundjinni

Original Version W/ Full Lighting Effects

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mennas House Basement.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	660.4 KB 
ID:	46695

Version W/No "Dark" Layer"

Click image for larger version.