Thread: Photoshop Actions - planet making

Guild Journeyer

Link Photoshop Actions - planet making

Found this action for Photoshop over at the Adobe exchange site dunno if it's already been posted. There are a few threads on making planets at the moment and this month's challenge going on, so it might help someone out.

I've not yet tried it out but looks promising...

You'll need to register to download, but it's free.

seems a bit artificial

sorry I do not use Photoshop.

It works really well and is very tweakable afterwards. A very good action indeed if you want to churn out planets. Here's one I made in under a minute.

I've been browsing through adobe exchange and it's a goldmine. I never really played with actions and styles before, but the power of them is truyl amazing. Thanks for the opening a new world, Jezelf!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	7627  

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by joćo paulo View Post
    seems a bit artificial

sorry I do not use Photoshop.
    it's not bad for something free. if you want something more convincing - though you would need photoshop - there is Lunar cell plug-in from flaming pear.com.

There is a free demo -or otherwise it's available to by either on it's own or as a space bundle at a reasonable price.

I brought one a few years back to help make a matte painting back plate in this shot for a video game. It was enough for the 2 seconds it was on screen but though doesn't pass for today's standards!...

Name:	BAE_sc14_sh01_jezelf.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	7631  

Wow! That is impressive! Flaming pear make superb filters too. the India Ink filter is poetry (only ever used the demo)...I might just be naughty and buy it tonight together with Lunar Cell...

Downloaded both the india ink and Lunar Cell - which is simply amazing. Here is a before and after with the india ink filter. Woodcuts have never been easier

Name:	india original.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	409.4 KB 
ID:	7633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india test.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	904.2 KB 
ID:	7634  

Guild Journeyer

yeah the indian ink is a good one. I used it on a map for exploring a different style.

Its also good one for using on an area like sea for some 17/18th century style map.
    Last edited by jezelf; 11-10-2008 at 08:45 AM.

I just found LunarCell the other day when trying to find an easy (i.e. "lazy") way to make some quick planet symbols. I've never been so glad to be lazy: Their plugin is fantastic. I like their Gliteratto product for backgrounds and thought about picking up the three-pack of those two and their SolarCell plugin but I'm not impressed with it. The suns seem too goofy. Don't suppose anyone knows a plugin that can so for suns what LunarCell does for plants?