Quote Originally Posted by LowerSpatialDimension View Post
I see London I see France...just kidding, but I do see China, Alaska, Greenland, Madagascar & the bottom tip of South America! I'm taking a similar approach with a map I'm working on, building continents by sampling real-world coastlines. I like the overall look of your continents and I can't comment on the tectonic plates as I'm still learning about them myself, but one thing you may want to consider is the "puzzle-piece" effect you get when a supercontinent breaks up - in Earth's case, one can clearly see how South America and Africa could fit together. Making it look like your continents drifted apart from a supercontinent (which is a common scenario on Earth) can add a lot of realism to your worldmap.
I thought about that AFTER I finished the coastlines ... you're right that would enhance realism. What I was just thinking about was that my map could be near the end of one supercontinent-splitupcontinents-cycle ... so that the continents of my map are not the pieces of a supercontinent drifting apart but instead towards each other. deal?