I'm writing my part for our report about our field trip to scandinavia at the moment, and made a little map about our route through eastern Copenhagen (dots is by foot, dashes is by bike).
I scanned in the cycling map of Copenhagen (in two parts), joined it together and... learned to hate my f-ing mouse. It took about thrice the time it could have taken if that bastard would have worked correctly. Double clicking or losing the grip where not intended, not clicking at all... Grr.
Somewhen i just grabbed my old one (really old, still with that ball thing under it) and started to work properly.
After that, the only problem was, that the canals and sea where indistinguishable from the roads whenever i converted it into greyscale. So i had to trace every single canal by hand and give it a new outline so it wouldn't look like crap when grey.
Enough of the talk, thats it, the outcome of two hours of rage and one hour of work:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karte.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	49050

(Now i have yet to write the report itself... and nothing left to justify some more procrastination.)