Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
OK, this could be my bad.
The map on post #8 has two scales ... one for the map of Europe and the Medeterranean and another scale at the bottom of the map.
They are very different. Which is correct?

I assumed that the medeterranean was shown at the same scale as your map, and your southern Continent is 3-4 times the area of Europe on the post #8 map. From the scale on your drawings, both of your continents combined are about the size of Europe.
Well, they both are. Kinda. The Euro-scale came with the map, and is 500 miles. My scale is actually measured in leagues, although I never went out and said that. The blue line *above* that is the same distance, converted to miles, based off of the length of the Euro-scale. However, I think that this is a bit too large, and I had a different idea: Each subcontinent is roughly the size of Australia. I think this is slightly smaller than I had before.

Although, interestingly the scales show up at different sizes, so I initially thought Australia would be smaller, but my math tells me they should be the same rough scale, roughly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narridia-vs-australia.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	42263