Thread: Ebook Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

For what it's worth, I do most of my reading on an ipod touch.. I've powered through most of my stephen king collection that way, and moved on. so reading a whole novle like that is nothing new to me

Though I will say, in ibooks at least, you do need to remember that there's no way to zoom in for more detail, you're stuck with a single static unresizeable image. This has made some books annoying because they they have actual maps in them and referring to them as you go would certainly help - but not when they're so small you' can't make anything out besides the overal shape.

I would use an ipad for reading (the wife loves hers, but i can't afford 2 right now), but when it comes to text, i can read on the pod quite well. but for maps I need to move to the computer.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Novice

I would appreciate anyone's ideas on this... My questions follow...

I want to use the following fonts [or a combination of these] on my eBook map in an attempt to keep the look of the 1812 period:

TT - Handwriting Draft Free Version - in title and title date
    O - Lucinda Calligraphy - on map - locations
    TT - Mayflower Antique - title date
    or...
    TT - Handwriting Draft Free Version - in title
    TT - ChopinScript - in title
    TT - OldStyle Small Caps - on map - locations

1] Can I mix TT and O fonts on the same map [intended for an eBook]?
    2] ChopinScript of course is a script. Is this a no-no for eBooks since it has some swirly ends to the capitals?
    3] ... I forgot what it was... hum...

Thank you sincerely!
    Nancy - writemor