Thread: The Blackwood, A Folkloric Mini Setting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I incorporated your changes. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 02b Fuzzy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	42277

@the-golem, the rivers looked pixelated because I had a small, darker blue stroke on them. It was intended to make them look painted on, and blurring it just aggravated the stroke into a big, dark mess. Instead, I made the stroke a much light blue, and I think it worked.

@Coyotemax, I noticed that too, and it bothered me. I spent about an hour looking for a good Gothic font that looked like it could have been written by a careful hand, and in the end it was just a little too well-defined. I'm blurred everything just a touch. Has it improved?

Thanks to everyone for being a fresh group of eyes. It's hard for me to notice little things like this after a dozen hours or so.

::EDIT:: Coyotemax, I sort of placed the trees individually. The brush pack I used came with these really cool puzzle piece stamps with a whole section of trees, but I still had to place a lot of individual trees to make everything blend together the way I wanted. All in all, it took MUCH less time than you're thinking.
    Last edited by ThatGuyEli; 02-14-2012 at 05:38 PM.