Thread: Realistic 2300AD Near Star map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've never played 2300AD, and my knowledge is limited to a scattering of RPG forum posts. Your work gives enough context I don't need any more. Ever since I saw an old map of nearby stars in Spaceships of the Mind, I've wanted to see an SF universe built around that. And when I first wanted it back in the 1990s, I never thought that the 70s-80s stellar position data I had access to might be obsolete enough to change things significantly.
    Last edited by Triplicate; 12-09-2013 at 10:38 AM.

I haven't been here in a long time, but as you may have seen in old threads I encountered and was dissuaded by the complexities involved in any sort of realistic star map for gaming purposes. I ended up making my own map (with a smaller set of near stars) for a setting akin to 2300. So, I can say with no hesitation/reservation that I'm amazed at the skill you displayed and the sheer work you must have put in planning and drawing these.

It's great of you to share them with other gamers. And the subway map is a great idea for the 2300AD arms!

Thanks guys . There is one more tweak I need to do on the American Arm and that should be it.

Merry Christmas!